5.7.09

catching up again

Sometimes I am rash and do stuff I wouldn't normally do.

Last week that meant I ran off to California for a little vacation. It was wonderful and relaxing. I went to see two movies, to the beach, shooting, and spent some time at a pool. Got marvelously tan in a very short period of time, ate a lot of junk food, ate a lot of delicious apricots, and went for a few walks around Apple Valley. oh... and held Ceri's dog Harvey while she painted his nails. ;)



Then I drove home with Cody and Vanessa, who had spent their weekend down in LA at the Electric Daisy Carnival. We stopped for my first time in Vegas and saw the forum shops for a couple of hours, then stopped again in St. George at the temple for a couple of hours. It was a long trip, but we finally arrived back in Provo a bit after midnight. Work the next day was anything but fun.

Since being back, I have actually been really productive. I worked all week, went hiking twice, went to EDP's Freedom Carnival (which was amazing), had a photoshoot with Andrea, and watched some fireworks.


I was eaten alive yesterday by mosquitoes during the photoshoot, one in particular on my arm is swelling up quite a bit. I hope I don't get west nile or something hahaha. In the picture, you can't really see it proportinally- but its a good two inches in diameter. and I'm pretty sure my forearm isn't supposed to look like this:





Moving on to bigger and better things... I am flying to Brazil on Tuesday! :)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad you had fun! Try callomine(sp?) lotion for the mosquito bite. I used to get them really bad when I was a kid. They used to swell up as big as my fist or knee, callomine lotion was the only thing that helped. Have fun in Brazil!

Wag-a-Muffin said...

Have a "too-da-bang" time in Brazil. (I know I spelled that wrong.) And come back and visit us any time.
(The doughnut peaches are ripe, now.)

Wandering child: I want to buy a gun, Dad.
Long suffering father: When did you decide that?
WC: Do you remember when I visited with your right wing whacko Sister?
LSF: That time I paid for the plane ticket?
WC: Yup.
LSF: (sigh)

[Contemplative?] Angela said...

Sarrra,
Yay for a fun, productive life!!! :) have SO MUCH FUN in Brazil!!!! holy cow.

much love,

Ang

Wag-a-Muffin said...

I keep checking for an update on how Brasil treated you.