It was nice to get a break from my usual weekend this weekend. I mean- there were some classic elements- temple fri afternoon, dance party fri night (which btw realllly made me wish I knew how to salsa) but Saturday and Sunday were different. This guy from the White House next door, also in our FHE group, had his bday on saturday, so a bunch of us went out to eat then to a party for him. I don't know them too well so it was nice to spend time with people outside of my comfort zone. I guess I meet people at dance parties, but those friendships are so superficial because nothing more ever comes out of them since, lets be honest, people don't exactly talk a lot at those kinds of events. So you dance, know their names, talk a little, but never really get to a real friendship. I'm sure they're all wonderful people (who I would love to get to know better), but you need more than just dances to get to know who people really are.
Today we had dinner with the white house again, and then they came over and ate dessert at our place while we watched the CES fireside. It was really good, but I was exhausted and fell asleep for part of it. We're so lucky to have such access to the apostles and prophets. I love it!! :)
ohhh and note to Dad-- remind Anna to write me a letter back!! :)
oh and I noticed something on the cultural landscape while we were out to dinner-- weird that i'm starting to pick up on things like this
a tattoo parlor called "painted temple"
I thought it was really interesting because its like an incorporation of the mormon imprint on the landscape with the newer non-LDS culture as well. fascinating.
1.3.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment