Today in Sunday School we read a scripture that I LOVED. "but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day." (2 Cor. 4:16) I love this concept because it emphasizes how every day is a new chance to improve ourselves, to better ourselves. I have been working hard lately to better myself in a number of ways, and the lesson today/this particular scripture gives me more hope that I really can. I don't want to become stagnant like I have felt sometimes in the past. I want to always be doing better- daily. I never want to stop trying. I was really grateful for Travis and Brian's lesson. Afterward I was talking to Travis in the hall and was amazed to find out that they were filling in for someone who woke up this morning sick, and had prepared the lesson during sacrament meeting. It was one of the most touching lessons I've had in a long time.
In other news, in sacrament meeting they just HAD to talk about marriage... right after Valentine's day. hahahaha... it made me laugh a little. ok, a lot actually. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting married, but the timing made the talks comical to say the least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment